PREPARING TO TRAVEL
For some people traveling during the holidays is an absolute must. It may be only time they can get off work. It maybe the only time all the important people in their lives can be together. It may be the only time when they have the money. Whatever the reason, if you choose to travel for the holidays this year, be prepared for challenges you may not have thought of before now.
AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES
Here are some tips you can use to help you prepare to tackle traveling during the holidays:
- Try to figure out what’s what – With all the confusion happening now, it may be hard to plan for events months in advance, but its not impossible. Make a list of various possible scenarios like travel, stay home, etc. From there you can pencil out what you’d need for each situation.
- Prep what you can – Now that you have an idea of what’s possible and what you might need in each situation, you can start to think about the finer details. For example, if you opt to travel you can start thinking about the how … do you go by plane or train or drive? From there you can start researching fares or you can make decisions about alternative arrangements.
- Think about the money – once you know what you wanna do and how you’re gonna do it, start thinking of how you will finance it all. Do you keep separate savings for holiday activities? Are you able to keep saving in this climate? What is your employment situation like? Do you see it changing in the next few weeks or months?
- Use lists and keep them handy – To-do lists, checklists, reminders … whatever you refer to them as, lists can be helpful. They may be a pain to maintain and create butt they can help take a load off when you already have so much on your mind. A quick internet search will give you various templates you can use, but you can always just make a note about all you need to get done. Make a list of what you need to pack to travel with. Make lists of supplies (especially for sanitation purposes) that you may need.
- Keep in mind all the changes around you – Flying wont look like “normal” for quite some time, but neither will long road trips. So keep things like that in mind. You may not be able to stop and run into a store at will. You may not want to. Depending on where you are going, you may be required to quarantine on arrival or when you return home. Think about how things like that will impact your travels.
A lot of things will change as we learn to live with this virus. And while there are many takes on it, I can only implore you all to do what is best to keep yourself and your family safe. Christmas 2020 may not resemble anything we have ever seen before, but we can try our best to make sure its still grand and wonderful.
Categories: Christmas Countdown